Claims process - Property
Home (fire, break-in, storm/ water damage etc)
- Please call the Police if there is a break in.
- Please call the Fire brigade if there is a fire.
- In case of water damage due to a burst pipe or an electrical fire please shut off the main supplies to prevent further damage and take all steps to minimize the loss.
- Report the incident to our office by phone or in person as soon as possible. You can also send us a written notice of loss by e-mail: [email protected]. We always recommend you to come in person as there might be further explanations that need to be given.
- Please take your own pictures of the scene.
- Please prepare a list of lost, damaged or destroyed items and check for structural damage to any parts of the buildings and surrounding walls, ceilings, roof and tiles, electrical & septic systems.
- We will then control your policy for coverage and arrange a loss adjuster’s visit. If necessary someone from our office may also visit the site.
- At our office, we will help you fill out the claims form and answer all questions you might have!
- Please keep all evidence/proof of loss, until the claims adjuster has inspected the affected property. So don’t throw anything away even if you have pictures of it!
- Keep a record of all paperwork, expenses, transportation and storage of the claim.
- Please provide the loss adjuster the documents requested for him to proceed. This will ensure faster claims settlement as he plays a very important role of the settlement process.
- The loss adjuster will prepare a report recommending an amount to be paid for the claim and New India Assurance will settle your claim based on the loss adjusters report and recommendations.